I am an experienced Trial Lawyer with significant trial and litigation experience in both the U.S. Bankruptcy, U.S. District, and State Superior & Appellate Courts. I represent businesses, high net-worth individuals and families, and corporations both in and out of Court. As a season trial attorney and bankruptcy practitioner, I handle high-profile and serious federal, internal, state and local investigations.
My experience from both sides of the courtroom aisle brings a significant layer of insight to the advice I provide clients. I have experience prosecuting embezzlement and corporate shareholder disputes as well as defending felonies, securities fraud, and homicide cases. I serve as lead counsel to businesses and individuals in federal and state court, and handle mortgage fraud disputes, adversary proceedings during contested bankruptcies, appeals, and commercial contract disputes.
I am often brought on board to handle complex financial investigations and business disputes. I also represent families, closely held corporations, shareholders and investors, and business in both public or private disputes. I have a particular focus on commercial litigation and business disputes; mortgage fraud and mortgage-backed securities litigation; corporate matters; bankruptcy and adversary proceedings; appeals; white collar crime; and criminal investigations.
In Bankruptcy matters, I have served as Chapter 7 Trustee’s Counsel. I also have broad experienced representing both creditors and Chapter 11 debtors in complex bankruptcy disputes, adversary proceedings, and contested secured lien litigation in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts across the country.
I also believe in Pro Bono representation and contributing to the ideals of the Boston and Massachusetts legal community. I am an active member in the American Bankruptcy Institute, Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, and write extensively for the Bankruptcy Section of both bar associations. I share my experience and insight by authoring published articles covering Supreme Court cases, complex bankruptcy litigation matters, and commercial litigation.
Suffolk University Law School – J.D., cum laude
Lafayette College – B.A. Economics; Government & Law , summa cum honore
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for Massachusetts
- United States District Court for Colorado
- United States Bankruptcy Court for District of Massachusetts
- The United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Awards & Honors
- Edward F. Langs Legal Writing Award
- U.S. District Court Pro Bono Honors Award
- Journal of High Technology Law Honor Board
- Best Published Note Award – Journal of High Tech Law
- Tom Clarke Appellate Advocacy Award
- National Appellate Advocacy Team – Suffolk University Law School
Bar Association Memberships
- Boston Bar Association – Litigation, Corporate & Bankruptcy
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Litigation, Corporate, White Collar Crime